Join Sustainable Farms and our partners, Riverina LLS, to hear the latest science, and learn how it has been implemented to improve your farm dam's water quality and biodiversity potential. Come for a chat, stay for lunch.
We thank our generous host, Ian Roffe , for welcoming us onto his property for the day.
Riverina LLS is offering incentive funding to farmers for farm dam restoration, up to $10,000. EOIs are due by the 30th of August, so submit yours before the field day. For more information see https://riverina.lls.nsw.gov.au/our-region/grants-and-funding2
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Benefits of enhancing farm dams for wildlife
- How to calculate how much water you need, the holding capacity of your dam and your harvestable right
- The water requirement of your livestock and the impact of water quality on livestock performance
- Funding opportunities to secure your water supply
With presentations by the following speakers:
- Dr Mason Crane, Sustainable Farms, ANU.
- David Thompson, Soil Conservation Service.
- Geoffery Minchin, Mixed Farming Officer, Riverina LLS
- Haidee Laycock, Rural Financial Councillor.
Click here to RSVP via Eventbrite.